Re: [Adonthell-devel] Website rewritten, development stopped

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Website rewritten, development stopped
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 13:03:23 +0100

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Josh Glover <address@hidden> wrote:

> Whilst it's sad that Adonthell won't grow into the beautiful vision we
> had, I agree that it's time to call it a day. Having jobs and families
> and no free time is just a reality of life.

Exactly. So nobody here needs feel bad about this, except perhaps those youngsters with more than enough free time on their hands that never showed up to take over ;-) But maybe there's more hip things to do these days than work on retro open source software.

> I'm really glad to have worked (a little) on Adonthell, and met all of
> you guys. It was great to have a pint and a bratwurst with Kai in
> Munich. :)

Same here. I went over the developer meetings as chronicled by James while restoring the website, and those brought back lots of fond memories.

Besides, I have not lost hope completely yet, to bring at least the Dun Barethsol story to life one day. It just won't be programmed and visualized from scratch.

See ya,