Re: [Adonthell-devel] List of achievements

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] List of achievements
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 23:24:27 +0200

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

Problem is, after editing the source with dlgedit, saving and compiling again, the result does no longer match the checked in dialogue. Looks like saving in dlgedit is broken too. So more bughunting will be required before I can finally implement the actual achievements.

Well, turns out that the encoding of the dlgedit source files must have changed some time in the past, and since the delimiter inside the dialogue sources is a non-ASCII character (§, or 0xA7), what was saved was different from what was parsed. I now resorted to specifying that character in hex notation, so file encoding no longer plays into it.

I then continued the comparison and fixed those dialogue sources that were out of date. Done now, but I really, really would have needed a search function in dlgedit. Locating the node that needs changing in a heap of 120 others is no fun. Anyway, it's done.

So starting from tomorrow I can implement unlocking of each achievement. Will probably take a while, but at least I should be able to get a couple done each evening.