adonthell-general

[Adonthell-general] Andrew's Biographical info

From: Andrew Michael Phillips
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Andrew's Biographical info
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 21:49:20 -0600 (CST)

Andrew Phillips
Computer Science Major, Hardin-Simmons University, Abilene, Texas, USA
I found Adonthell while looking for open-source/free software role-playing
games. I stuck with it because of those that I found, few impressed me.
Adonthell is on the short list of worthwhile free software crpgs.
Favorite flavor: Linux,  particularly whenever I try using the DOS
"command line"
Distro: RedHat
Editor: VIm
Languages: C++, some Perl, plain English
OSI-Approved license: I don't know enough about the various licenses to
make a selection, though I prefer less restrictive licenses like the LGPL,
Artistic License, etc.
Vision of the future:

I fill Adonthell with good writing and good stories

Adonthell succeeds in all respects: art, engine, story

CRPGers have the chance to play a good game without having to think about
whether buying games will support the loss of their rights

Adonthell has competition, forcing us to get better and giving gamers even
more options.

I put this on list mostly for the sake of allowing people to know a little
more about me, since I'm likely never to make the meetings in Europe
(pesky Atlantic ocean and even peskier Transportation Safety
Administration...)

Andrew