adonthell-minigame

Re: [Adonthell-minigame] races

From: Nezumi
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-minigame] races
Date: Thu Feb 7 12:30:02 2002

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, cirrus wrote:

> An idea for a mini-game we could include in the distant future is some
> kind of race. Perhaps you find a Yeti village somewhere in the mountains
> and one of them chalenges you to a race sliding down a snowy slope. If
> you beat him you are rewarded with an item or something.

Hmm.  I like the idea of a number of different mini-games.  Final Fantasy
VII was particularly good at this, as there were activities that were part
of the story (bike chase, sub chase, skiing), which were then unlocked at
an arcade to be played whenever the player liked.

I'd like to have the board game as a common feature in all parts of the
world, but having other small mini-games, such as racing, or Soko's Barn
(I must admit I've never played sokoban) on the side.

I'd also like to have another, simpler game using the reagents, too.  That
way, we could save the main minigame and several of the others for the
actual release of Adonthell, while the simpler one(s) could be part of
whatever demos are released between now and then.

> The same basic idea cold be used in other locations too. Essentially all
> we'd need to add is some some kind of finish line and the first
> character to cross it gets a reward. If possible a little stop-watch in
> the corner of the screen would be cool!

Hm.  Maybe racing could be a popular sport.

> One could also have little challenges where you need to complete
> something in a certain time. Zelda had this - you had like 10 seconds to
> get through a little maze and if you did it you won an item. You'd
> definitely need a timer display for this.

That could work along the same lines.  Wasn't there a similar timer thing
in Chrono Trigger?

--
                      Nezumi * address@hidden
 "Meditation is not about doing something." -- Joko Beck