adonthell-minigame

Re: [Adonthell-minigame] Wumpus game

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-minigame] Wumpus game
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:06:48 +0100

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:26:20 +0000, James Nash <address@hidden> wrote:

> I just had an AI lecture and a simple game was used in one of the
> examples was the Wumpus game.

Since you mention it, here's a little wumpus-sim I once wrote for a
presentation about software agents. It's in Java and in German; sorry
;-). Anyway, once compiled you can run it with

  java gui.WumpusApplikation

'Simulation Starten' will reset everything and randomly create a new
world. 'Nächster Schritt >>' means 'next step' and will let the agent
make its next move. The third button will finally show or hide the
agent's knowledge about the world. If things go too slow, you should
turn that off.

The agent's 'brain' is contained in the wumpus_agent.txt file.

> I recon it would be quite easy to build a map in Adonthell that
> emulates this game. We could have the player character say things like
> "It sure is breezy in here!" or "Phewy - what stinks??" with those
> little speech bubbles when he/she sense those things in a room. (Maybe
> also have some graphics as hints too, like green fog when it stinks!)

Yeah, I could imagine that this would be nice. Although I would think
that it shouldn't be available on the normal map, due to its
difference in look and layout. Maybe it should come up after eating
the wrong kind of mushroom, or something similar.

Kai