adr-devel

[adr-devel] Fwd: Debian Amanda and live-package

From: Alex Owen
Subject: [adr-devel] Fwd: Debian Amanda and live-package
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:55:25 +0100

Hello there... I am working on amada and DR again... I am intending to
use the new (in debian unstable) live-package script to build a live
cd and a netboot (readonly NFSroot) platform for amanda DR. There is
some hacking on the live-package netbooting initrd that needs to be
done (the casper package to be precise) and I want to add serial
console support to live package (should be OK modulo a kernel
panic!!!).

Anyway I think live-package could be a good platform for generating
both CDrom and Netboot disaster recovery images for debian at least..
this would give us a platform to (continue) to develop DR scripts for
amanda/debian.

I also need to extend the stuff to restore RPM distros... but I'll
think about that another day!

I'll keep this list posted of any interesting developments...

Bye for now
Alex Owen

--
Renew your passport before October 2006 to avoid compulsory ID card
registration.