adsyc-devel

[Adsyc-devel] exasperated

From: Beatrix Tolbert
Subject: [Adsyc-devel] exasperated
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 18:08:14 -0500

That would be frightfully kind of you, sir. There are some things that cant be done to me, and you have donethem.
Your uncle has been very kind to me, and I shallsimply have to call and thank him.
He had opened out to herand been very frank and pleasant. However, I think youre splendid towant to be independent. I was anawful fool; but Jerry has a sort of power, you know; and Ivealways liked taking risks. You dont think a better way would be to give partnership anothertrial?
And nothing to come of it but tea together! Stand over there and Ill talk to you, otherwise youmust go. Young Croom had a sudden vision of Clare and himself in a punt up aquiet backwater.
It was just six oclock when he rang the bell at Mount Street onthe following day. Life could always beamusing if one made it so.
Ill let Foch out for his run, and well all goup. Her uncle hadseated himself and she was conscious of the quizzical _expression_ ofhis eyebrows. Do you think I should have gone if I hadnt been in earnest?
She looked at him through her eyelashes and said: Good! Ill let Foch out for his run, and well all goup. If Tony expected her to rush into hisarms he was very much mistaken.
Her lipcurled, and she went into her Uncles study.
The moment the election was over she would go up toLondon and scout round. I put him in the little room and said I would see if Lady Corvenwas in. Ringson our fingers and bells on our toes, she murmured, We havegot music wherever we goes.
Time, Dinny, said the General; turn the thing on.
So do look out for me about sixoclock to-morrow.
Ringson our fingers and bells on our toes, she murmured, We havegot music wherever we goes.
She could drive a car with anybody, or school ahorse.
I thought you were just riled, and I dont wonder. She says hes quite amazingly considerate.
It was cold, with a ground mist,and she shut the window.
Clare was silent, and Sir Lawrence, watching her, thought:Attractive, but a lot of naughty temper.
It might, said Sir Lawrence slowly, be worth while to keep aneye on him. He had gone red, but he said bravely:Yes, sir, I thought her delightful. Again and again the music spurted up and died away; and the voicespoke. The Americans certainly have over-produced and over-speculated. One of the butlers eyebrows rose still higher. As to what would happen, life alwaystripped one up, it seemed, whatever one did! But his eager _expression_ had not changed.