advocate

[Advocate Play Ogg] PlayOgg request to This American Life now on 1st pag

From: John Sullivan
Subject: [Advocate Play Ogg] PlayOgg request to This American Life now on 1st page of Google results
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 12:31:27 -0400

Hello Oggers,

I have some great news in the effort to get the NPR podcast This
American Life to offer a patent-free Ogg Vorbis version of their show!

If you do a Google search for "This American Life" (without quotes), our
post at http://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/tal-in-ogg-vorbis appears on
the first page of results.

That means that we are succeeding in getting this request out there.
Anyone searching for information about the show will likely see it.

Thanks to all of you who have written letters to the show and helped
make this happen. The emails have been great to read. If you haven't
sent one yet, please do -- it's going to take a sustained effort to
persuade them. Don't forget to point out that someone (us) even already
did the work for them of making the file, all they have to do is publish
it!

If you use Twitter, you can send another note about it to
@NPRAmericanLife -- just please be sure to use a free software client
for posting rather than Twitter's nonfree JavaScript. Or, post through
<http://identi.ca>.

-john

--
John Sullivan