af-test

[Af-test] affinity corresponding

From: Net Stanford
Subject: [Af-test] affinity corresponding
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 23:37:38 -0700

But what on earth can they have to do with Haraldsen? And without another word he strode off in thedirection of the kraal. He had succeeded inpersuading the elders of the tribe to let us inside the sacredenclosure. I hadcompletely forgotten the name, and it never suggested Rhodesia. Better to meet them here and have done with it. It was all open and bare, and we hadnt time to dig trenchesor build a scherm. Dorando was livid, but Stringer only smiled sleepily. Hehad cut an odd enough figure at Hanham, but in London he was cleanout of the picture. Troth had beenthe old mans partner at one time and had tried to swindle him. Peters boy accompanied us, a tough little Bechuana from Khamascountry. The greed of these men is so great that it will makethem brave. When the twilight began to fall Peter descended from his perch. I found an ugly face closeto me, fired at it, and saw it go blind. By this time they havebeen joined by others, and these others are very great scoundrels. Theyhave brought me news which is surer and speedier than Captain Jimcan get. I couldnt get tosleep last night for trying to remember it. Being higher up the hill he had had a better view and he broughtnews. The two English do not drink, or if they drink theydo not babble. He had no weapon, so I offered him myrifle. Soon it will be black night, and we cannotshoot in the dark. The Baas isvery rich, and he is believed to know many secrets. Ive had to take plenty of risks, andsome of them mighty big ones. We can only trust in God, he said simply, and his mild quizzicalface was solemn. By this time they havebeen joined by others, and these others are very great scoundrels. There are eight of them, and of us only four. This chap came to myoffice, and he told me a dashed silly story. Hes notthinking about any Saga oath nowadays. This seemed to me fairly to put the lid on it, butPeter did not lose his cheerfulness. As soon as it is dark they will be very busy.