apps-gnustep

GNUMail.app: directory hierarchies? Multiple move bug.

From: Jonathan Hepburn
Subject: GNUMail.app: directory hierarchies? Multiple move bug.
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 22:10:27 +0000

#include <wm-users abject praise for a working mail.app clone>

Got a quick question and a bug report about GNUMail.app:

First the bug:
When attempting to move multiple messages at once between mailboxes, I get a
crash.  So if I want
to move a whole bunch around I have to do it message by message.  Annoying, but
not calamitous.

Then the question:
Is there now support that I haven't noticed, or is there planned to be support
for, multiple directories
within ~/gnumail/ ?  At present, that lack is the only thing that prevents me
from using GNUMail.app
as my full-time mail client.  So I'm keeping with Aileron, which is not so much
beta-quality as not all
there yet, and tkrat when I want reliable and complex grunt.

I've got 25 different mailboxes to handle each mailing list, individuals, work,
etc, and that gets
unmanageable if I don't throw them into subdirectories.

Oh, I'm using the daily snapshot core-20010824, and version 0.6.0 of
GNUMail.app itself.

Disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing about C, let alone objc, so I can't do
anything myself. Sorry.

BTW, why does the "Send" icon have a kiwi on it?  I'm of NZ extraction, so I'm
curious to know.

Cheers,
J H

"I'd love to say no,
to the cold hard cash,
but starving just would not make sense."
        - Hunters and Collectors