artanis

Re: [Artanis] artanis fails on confgure to find guile

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: [Artanis] artanis fails on confgure to find guile
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 03:30:42 +0800

Hi there!
First, welcome to Artanis community!

I'm using Guile-2.2.4, so it should work.
However, I only tested on GNU/Linux and GNU/Hurd. I'm not familiar with
BSD to test it. So if you can help on testing it as a BSD user, that
will be great appreciated.

Here're some diagnosis that you may check:

1. Are you using Artanis from the latest git repo?
It's been updating so many things since last release. Maybe some issues
had been already fixed.

2. Guile use libtools to deley to generated .so files for better local
testing. Could you make sure that you've run 'make install' to
generate/install .so files and C header files.

3. Guile-2.2.4 should be detected when you see "configure guile 2.2"
If it passed to show "configure guile 2.3" then something was wrong.
Could you paste 'pkg-config guile-2.2 --libs --cflags'
BTW, Artanis is GNU official project which means it uses GNU standard
autoconf to configure and generate Makefile. The point is that autoconf
detection is based on pkg-config, so please make sure pkg-config works
for Guile.

Best regards.

--
GNU Powered it