artanis

Re: Build from Source Can't Find Guile Development Files

From: Jonathan Schmeling
Subject: Re: Build from Source Can't Find Guile Development Files
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 17:53:13 +0000

Welp; I figured it out. I can cache files and, after the first build, thought I could just run make install in the already made directories, thinking that the pkg-config and library files got transfered over at that stage.

Seems not and just running the whole building process each time fixed things.

In good news, I nearly built Artanis; in less good news, it fails on a step towards the end because it tries doing cp -frd -P ./etc/artanis /etc/ when I don't have write access to that directory (hence the building everything to <build-dir>).

I was figuring that'd be handled by setting the prefix but am I mistaken? If so, is there a way to specify where to copy /etc/artanis to?

Thanks, again!

Jonathan