artanis

REPL support?

From: Jurij Podgoršek
Subject: REPL support?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 16:56:07 +0100

Hello,

I am trying out artanis. So far I've managed to connect it to a mysql database and define a few routes.

Is it possible to connect a REPL into a running application instance? In a manner, similar to chickadee, maybe (https://dthompson.us/manuals/chickadee/Live-Coding.html#Live-Coding)?

Reading the documentation, I've stumbled upon the debug.monitor option for checking files for changes and reloading those files. I tried to add a directory by hand and failed, OTOH I also tried to define models/controllers to check for changes but I'm getting an error there too.

Maybe the issue is that I'm running guile 3.0.9? I've installed artanis 0.5.1 using guix (had to modify the guile-dbi package definition to get it to work on guile3; I will send a patch to guix later on).

Cheers,
Jurij