arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] New ArX user

From: Walter Landry
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] New ArX user
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:16:43 -0400 (EDT)

"Greg Mosley" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>             I was considering arx or tla for version control on a
> distributed project.  Therefore, I was really interested in
> exercising the ?get, build-config, update? process on a remote
> archive.  I tried the arx instructions on the savannah/arx web site
> and they do not work as written.

Sorry it took a little while to respond.  My inbound email connection
disappeared Sunday, and I didn't get it back until today.

> With the latest pre12 source installed, when I ran the command ?arx get
> address@hidden/dists--arx--1.0
> <mailto:address@hidden/dists--arx--1.0>  arx?  --- I get this error
> (on linux 2.4) :
>
> unhandled option `--permissions 644'
> usage: set-file-metadata set-file-metadata [options] file...
> try set-file-metadata --help
> build-by-patching: INTERNAL ERROR! patch did not apply cleanly!

That is rather odd.  I just tried it with pre12 and it worked fine.
Can you try it again with --debug and send me the output?  That is

  arx get --debug address@hidden/dists--arx--1.0 arx

Also, did you build it with the build-arx script, or did you use
SCons?  Did you specify anything on the configure line besides prefix?

> When I run ?tla get address@hidden/dists--arx--1.0
> <mailto:address@hidden/dists--arx--1.0>  arx? every works fine.  BTW,
> the command  ?arx build-config superbeast/arx.arx? doesn?t work because
> there is no ?superbeast/arx.arx? configuration.

Ack.  You're right.  I changed things around, but didn't update the
page.  You should use

 arx build-config complete/arx.arx

I've fixed the webpage.  Thanks.

> I like what Walter is planning for arx, I?m just wondering if it
> is going anywhere because of the apparent lack of interest.

I'm still working on it.  I added a new command "naming-convention".
I also just finished rewriting dopatch.  Now I just have to debug it ;)

Walter