arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Boost license

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Boost license
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 19:00:18 -0500

Walter Landry wrote:
In libs/graph/LICENSE.  It is basically the original Artistic license
which, is not GPL-compatible.  Where did you find that BGL is covered
by the Boost Software License?

Ah. I see you are correct that BGL is under an Artistic License.

First I looked at ArX-2.1.1/src/boost/boost/graph/visitors.hpp, and the license summary in the header comments sounds GPL compatible, although I realize that it's just a non-binding summary.

There is no LICENSE file in that directory, nor in the parent, but in ArX-2.1.1/src/boost the LICENSE_1_0.txt is the 2003 Boost Software License. So I assumed that applied to everything within the boost tree. Apparently not, as there is a different (Artistic) license at ArX-2.1.1/src/boost/libs/graph/LICENSE.

Hopefully the BGL folks can resolve this quickly.

Kevin