arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Segfault accessing the publix ArX archive

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Segfault accessing the publix ArX archive
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 19:05:27 -0500

Walter Landry wrote:
What happens when you actually "run arx"?

---
address@hidden boost $ gdb arx
GNU gdb 6.0
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) set args get --report http://superbeast.ucsd.edu/~landry/ArX/wlandry/arx.2.1 arx-official
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/arx get --report http://superbeast.ucsd.edu/~landry/ArX/wlandry/arx.2.1 arx-official
warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.
[New Thread 16384 (LWP 8205)]

[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 8205)]
0x4073ef82 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x4073ef82 in ?? ()
#1  0x0835a8a0 in ?? ()
#2  0x08359880 in ?? ()
#3  0x403cf9c0 in _IO_2_1_stdout_ () from /lib/libc.so.6
#4  0x0835a8a0 in ?? ()
#5  0x40088988 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgnomevfs-2.so.0
#6  0x08345160 in ?? ()
(gdb)
---

As an aside, it would be nice if arx --version reported the build date/time, in addition to the version. It would help me confirm that I'm really running the version I just recompiled.

Yes, it would be nice.  I think a configure-time variable would work
best, in which case we would require an autoconf variable.  If you
know the appropriate autoconf incantation, it would save me some time.

Why would that be better than printing __DATE__ and __TIME__?

Kevin