arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Conflict resolution

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Conflict resolution
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 21:29:44 -0500

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 21:12 -0500, Walter Landry wrote:
> I certainly think that the manual should actually walk through
> resolving a conflict.  Right now it just tells you that there might be
> conflicts, and you should solve them.  Resolving conflicts might even
> be its own section.  Especially if it goes over how to use the various
> graphical merge tools (ediff, meld, xxdiff, etc.) to resolve
> conflicts.

Sure. For now, can you say a sentence or two about what ends up in the
working directory when there is a conflict? What contents end up with
the original file name, and what contents end up in the .orig file? What
goes into the .rej file, and under what circumstances is it created.

I think a mere paragraph posted to this list would be a huge benefit.
More effort than that would have less payoff, although will be important
in the long run.

Thanks,

Kevin