arx-users

[Arx-users] useful lib...

From: Amine Chadly
Subject: [Arx-users] useful lib...
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:38:34 +0100

Hi guys,
First of all, congrats for the activity lately ;-).
I am currently moving and can't be useful to arx, but I might be able
to join the effort soon...
I think I read fairly recently that the use of gnomevfs is the major
obstacle to porting arx to other platforms.
I was wondering if you considered using libcurl to get the files...
you can find it at :
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/
and it can understand a quite impressive number of protocols, and last
but not the list, the number of platforms it works on is just as
impressive...
I would have loved to try it before posting this, specially because Walter
said the number of files involved is rather small :

src/arx/utility_functions/edit_path.cpp
src/arx/utility_functions/make_non_writeable.cpp
src/arx/utility_functions/property_action.cpp
src/arx/utility_functions/do_patch/apply_patches/patch_file.cpp
(according to the 27.11.2004 post -- yes I am in europe ;-).

But for the reasons I mentioned in the begining of the post, I prefer to tell you about it and get you feedback.

So what do you think about it ?

Cheers all,
-amine