arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Proposal

From: Amine Chadly
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Proposal
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:35:07 +0200

[snip]

Seems to me they hold everything we need to create a ssh ftp connexions
without the gnome-vfs thingie.
I didn't have the time to dive into them to be sure of this, what do you
guys think about them ?

They have all of the crypto necessary for the job, but they don't
handle any of the networking.  So you would still have to implement
the protocol, which is non-trivial.  It is probably better to use
Silc.

Is is the silc of www.silcnet.org that you are referring to ?
Now that you say it, It seems like they have the complete sftp implementation ready :
http://silcnet.org/docs/toolkit/silcsftp.html

The toolkit is available for all platforms, so that could make the trick ! What I don't understand is why this thing didn't show up in my searches ! ;-)

It would be ideal if we could just put everything on savannah.  There
have been requests to make wiki's available at savannah.  Let me poke
them and find out if anything is going to happen soon.

The ideal scenario would be indeed to keep everything on savannah.
In any cases, so far the nutshell answers to very basic questions, and is not really
useful so far.

I could post it as a section of a wiki I can edit, until we get this on savannah.
I'll send you an url as soon as it is published.

Cheers,
 -amine