arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Other languages?

From: Joseph Andrew
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Other languages?
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:50:57 +0530

> 1. Are you at all open to any kind of gradual shift toward a dynamic
> language?

    I think there will not be any shift away from C++.  There is  a
certain barrier in learning to use  C++, but it is definitely not a
drawback.

    Downloaded and compiled arx on PCQQuest Linux 2005 ( it is a
distro from pcquest magazine, and is  based on Fedora ). Hope to
contribute in the coming months..Directions are welcome.

    Picked up the Indian editon of Andrei Alexandrescu's ( Modern C++
Design ) here in Mumbai ( Bombay ) 6 months back. Slowly making my way
through this very interesting book which uses  templates and design
patterns  !! Hope to get some of my juniors interested in arx once I
get comfortable myself.

> 2. Do you have any existing strong feelings about Ruby, positive or
> negative?

    Don't know enough about Ruby to have any strong feelings about it.

Regards,
Joseph Andrew
Mumbai
India