arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Blog entry: Selecting an SCM

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Blog entry: Selecting an SCM
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:42:24 -0400

Walter Landry wrote:
Just a few thoughts:

What is wrong with CVS's language?  I thought it was written in C?

You are correct. When I was creating the table, I thought C would fall barely on the "not acceptable" side of languages, but by the time I wrote the text above, I had decided that C was barely acceptable. Either way, CVS fails immediately because it's not distributed.

MS Windows does support hard links

Well...not by my definition of "MS Windows". Most Windows partitions are still FAT, not NTFS, and FAT doesn't have hard links. Worse, the mercurial guys have had a terrible time supporting hard links on NTFS. I'm not sure if it's due to poor docs, bugs, or what.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kevin