arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Further thoughts on ArX and simplicity

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Further thoughts on ArX and simplicity
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 20:10:00 -0400

Walter Landry wrote:
I call the whole thing a branch.  The individual offshoots ,2-CCC and
,2-DDD are microbranches.  Monotone calls microbranches "forks".

Ah. Got it.

So there really is no natural ordering for the two
revisions.  Relying on the accidental ordering would be error-prone.

Ok. So within an archive, a microbranch is fully ordered, but that's kind of an incidental thing that we wouldn't want to rely on for very much. My statement was true, but not really useful.

Hey! It looks like this thread may die after all!

Kevin