arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] A couple of questions

From: Alan D. Salewski
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] A couple of questions
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:19:23 -0400

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 02:18:31AM -0700, Walter Landry spake thus:
> Alessandro Bottoni <address@hidden> wrote:
*snip*
> > 3) Where I can find some more info about gnomevfs, put aside
> > http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gnome-vfs/ ? I greatly appreciated
> > the gnomevfs-ls command and I would like to see if there are more.
>
> I do not know of any other docs.  On my system, the full set of
> gnomevfs convenience functions is
>
> gnomevfs-cat      gnomevfs-info     gnomevfs-monitor
> gnomevfs-copy     gnomevfs-ls       gnomevfs-mv
> gnomevfs-df       gnomevfs-mkdir    gnomevfs-rm

There is some dead-tree documentation in:
    _The_Official_GNOME_2_Developer's_Guide_ by Matthias Warkus
    2004, No Starch Press
    ISBN: 1-59327-030-5

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1593270305/sr=8-1/qid=1152974021/ref=sr_1_1/102-9053322-0580921?ie=UTF8

Chapter 8, "GNOMEVFS", in particular:

    8.1 Transparencies with URIs
        8.2 Initializing and Shutting Down GnomeVFS
        8.3 Synchronous Access
                8.3.1 Opening, Creating, and Closing Files
                8.3.2 Reading, Writing, and Seeking
                8.3.3 Extracting and Changing File Information
                8.3.4 File Management
        8.4 Directory Operations
                8.4.1 Directory Navigation
        8.5 Asynchronous I/O
                8.5.1 Opening and Closing Files
                8.5.2 Reading and Writing
                8.5.3 Retrieving and Setting File Information
                8.5.4 Miscellaneous Operations
                8.5.5 An Example
        8.6 Transfers
                Step 1
                Step 2
                Step 3
                8.6.1 Additional Transfer Functions
        8.7 File Types
                8.7.1 Declaring MIME Types
                8.7.2 Declaring Application Support for a MIME Type
        8.8 URI Structures
                8.8.1 Building URI Paths
                8.8.2 Extracting Path Information from a URI
                8.8.3 Accessing URI Connection Information
                8.8.4 URI Lists
        8.9 Miscellaneous Utilities
        8.10 Result/Error Codes
        8.11 Portability Notes
        8.12 File Information Example
        8.13 Further Topics

-Al

--
a l a n   d.   s a l e w s k i             address@hidden
 We have built a completely open double-byte-enabled thin client.