arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Gnome-vfs errors when accessing arx.adamantix.org archiv

From: Tero Koskinen
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Gnome-vfs errors when accessing arx.adamantix.org archive
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 15:41:16 +0300

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 23:17:55 -0700 (PDT)
Walter Landry <address@hidden> wrote:
> Walter Landry <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Tero Koskinen <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am unable to access Arx archive at http://arx.adamantix.org/archive.

[..snip..]
> It turns out that there is a bug in gnome-vfs.
[..snip..]
> To work around this, I added an exponential
> backoff when copying files.  It is a simple fix to
> src/arx/libarx/gvfs/copy.cpp, which I am attaching n full.

Thanks! The workaround fixes "arx get" and "arx merge". They are now
somewhat slower because of sleep()s, but they work.

> Let me know if you have any other problems.

I noticed that "arx missing" and "arx browse" seem to be also
broken. Probably gvfs.hpp and fill_directory_list.cpp need a similar
fix.

$ arx browse address@hidden/
address@hidden
[..some normal output here..]