Re: aspell digest: January 15, 1999

From: Howard Kaikow
Subject: Re: aspell digest: January 15, 1999
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 05:43:51 -0500

I meant to send the message below to the list.

PS: I have since learned that the SAPI at the Microsoft research site is a
speech API.

At 10:48 1/16/99 +0100, Drazen Dupor wrote:
>At 00:00 16.01.99 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>From: "Howard Kaikow" <address@hidden>
>>I have not been able to find documentation on how to create a .lex
>>(spelling lexicon) file that could be used to Word, nor the interface to
>>hook that into Word.
>
>.lex file is defined by engine not by Word.

Thank you.
So, I am then asking the wrong question.
I need to find the specifications for, I guess, mssp232.dll.

There is a draft/beta SAPI at research.microsoft.com.

>>Would the procedure be the same for Word 6, Word 7 and Word 8?
>yes.

In view of the beta SAPI, it could be that the SAPI will be different for
future versions of Word.