Re: [pspell-user] PHP with PSPELL

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [pspell-user] PHP with PSPELL
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 13:11:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Lindsey Simon wrote:

> I'm excited to work with the Pspell API in PHP but I'm having some difficulty
> getting
> started. I've install aspell-.33.6.3 and pspell-.12.2 and configured and built
> php-4.0.6 with pspell support and all went well.
>
> I've dropped american-words.95 from SCOWL in my
> pspell-config pkgdatadir
> /usr/local/encap/pspell-12.2/share/pspell
>
> and in /usr/local/encap/pspell-12.2/share/pspell I have a file:
> en-american.pwli
>
> more en-american.pwli
> /usr/local/encap/pspell-12.2/share/pspell/american-words.95
>
> So I think I have things setup properly. That is where I must be wrong. :)
>
> $pspell_config = pspell_config_create ("en","american");
> $pspell_link = pspell_new_config($pspell_config);
>
> gives me the error:
> Warning: PSPELL couldn't open the dictionary. reason: I'm sorry I can't find
> any
> suitable word lists for the language-tag "en".
>
> So something about my dictionary loading isn't proper.

For one thing you need to *compile* an Aspell dictionary and put the
*compiled* dictionary in lib/aspell.  Please see the Aspell manual for how
to create a word list.

Also, at the moment both Pspell and Aspell need to have the same prefix
setting.  I suggest you stick them both in "/usr/local/encap/aspell".

Fix those two problems and let me know if you still have problems.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net
http://www.ibiblio.org/kevina/