[aspell-user] accented alternatives for correct words

From: Jacques Wainer
Subject: [aspell-user] accented alternatives for correct words
Date: Mon May 27 09:57:12 2002

Aspellers

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I could not find the FAQ anywhere:-).

How do I use the options in aspell (.33.7 alpha) so in the check mode
it would give me accented alternatives for correct words?

I don't know enough of other latin languages, but in portuguese, at
least, there is a large set of words in which the presence of an
accent will change the meaning of the word. For example:

médico - physician
medico - a particular conjugation of the verb to medicate

I wrote the second but I really meant the first. It would be nice if
aspell check could highlight each word and propose the other as a
possible alternative, so one would have to think which word is the
appropriate one. Is it possible to set aspell to do it?

thanks

jacques wainer