[Aspell-user] None

From: Shannon Fang
Subject: [Aspell-user] None
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 20:49:19 +0000

Hi

I am new here. I am from the Ruby mailing list. Currently I am using Ruby to write a spell checker. It is database based. I use ADODB on windows to connect to the database, and do SELECT for every word in the text. The performance is not good. Since the word list I used is imported from the WordNet, it is about 160000+ records. I don't think it is possible to use other storage than DB. I don't have experience in writing a spell checker, please give me some guidance.

Thanks a lot!

Shannon