Re: [Aspell-user] Compiling Aspell w/ Custom DIRS

From: Bill Moseley
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Compiling Aspell w/ Custom DIRS
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 04:53:12 -0700

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 12:16:23AM -0700, J/ wrote:
> Question:   How do I make aspell set its default directories to what I
> specify in configure, because I don't even have permission to the
> default directory it's looking to for its config files after install.

I'm not sure I follow.  But here's how I install Aspell in a
non-stanadard location:

> I have aspell installing just fine in a custom directory.
>
> My configure line is:
>
>  ./configure --prefix=/usr/home/maztec/USER/local
> --exec-prefix=/usr/home/maztec/USER/bin
> --enable-dict-dir=/usr/home/USER/aspell/lib/aspell
> --enable-docdir=/usr/home/USER/aspell/share/doc
> --enable-pkgdatadir=/usr/home/USER/aspell/share/aspell

I just use:

    ./configure --prefix=$HOME/aspell

> Aspell configures correctly and installs correctly.  But when I try to
> check a file I get:
>
> 5% aspell check test.txt
> Error: No word lists can be found for the language "en_US".

Did you install a dictionary?  It's a separate download.

Before you run ./configure on the dictionary package set your PATH to
point to where you installed Aspell.

   export PATH=$HOME/aspell/bin:$PATH
   ./configure && make && make install

That's needed because the configure script runs pspell-config to find
out Aspell's directories, and pspell-config is installed in $prefix/bin.

Is that what you were asking?

--
Bill Moseley
address@hidden