[Aspell-user] Aspell compatible notepad

From: Robert Walker
Subject: [Aspell-user] Aspell compatible notepad
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 05:34:11 +0100

Hi Sid,

> I am impressed with the way Aspell works. I was wondering is anyone knows a
> Windows program which uses Aspell. I don't need > a
fancy editor. All I need is a notepad style editor that will highlight spelling
errors in red. When I right click, it > > > should
give spelling suggestions.

> Anyone know such a program?

I've just written a program that may be of interest - uses Aspell and in Windows

See

http://www.tunesmithy.co.uk/Text_Field_Echo/index.htm

It is designed to echo text fields in other apps, e.g. when entering text into
fields in web pages.
So it doesn't have open or save yet, but may add that in later, + search and
replace to make it able
to function as a Wordpad clone (could easily let it work with mixed fonts like
Wordpad too as the
window is in rich text format).

Meanwhile if you start up Notepad and TFE in auto sync mode you
can spell check it in TFE and as you edit the echo, the original text in
Notepad gets
changed in synchrony.

It is a freeware / shareware app - use for free with restrictions, low price
($8)
if you want to buy it. 30 day test drive start any time.

Robert Walker