[Aspell-user] Creating and using my own dictionary in Aspell

From: tapas
Subject: [Aspell-user] Creating and using my own dictionary in Aspell
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 01:48:13 -0700 (PDT)

hi,

I am having a problem in creating a new dictionary for
my local version of Aspell.

I did the following steps:

1. Created a new wordlist:
$ aspell --lang en_IN create master ./my-wlist.rws <
WORD-FILE
where, WORD-FILE is my new word file containing just 3
words, to, too and tu

[ Notes: What should be the value for lang option here
? I just mentioned it as en_IN because I'm going to
create a dictionary en_IN.multi. Is it correct ? ]

2. Copied the wordlist (.rws) file to the local lib
directory i.e.
$ cp my-wlist.rws /usr/local/lib/aspell

3. I create a new dictionary in /usr/local/lib/aspell
directory ie. en_IN.multi
en_IN.multi file contains the following lines :
-----------------------
strip-accents true
add my-wlist.rws
-----------------------

4. Now my intention is to run aspell such that it
identifies the normal English words, and also my
dictionary. I tried doing :
$ aspell --add-extra-dicts en_IN.multi -c  TEST-FILE
where, TEST-FILE contains some words to check for.

But I dont get the desired results in the suggestion
list i.e my words in WORD-FILE

When I try doing
$ aspell --master my-wlist.rws -c TEST-FILE, I get it
correct, i.e. Aspell identifies my 3 words in the
WORD-FILE. But the problem here is it just takes my
words, and not any other words in other dictonary
wordlists!

Am I missing out with something? Just to re-iterate,
my intention is to use these additional 3 words in
WORD-FILE along with the standard existing dictionary.
I though -add-extra-dicts option served that purpose.

Someone please advise.

Thanks in advance.
~ tapas