[Aspell-user] Switching dictionaries on the fly in pipe mode

From: Peter Heslin
Subject: [Aspell-user] Switching dictionaries on the fly in pipe mode
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:22:07 +0000 (UTC)

I see from the archives of this list that aspell will not use two
languages simultaneously, but I am trying to do something a bit
different.

I would like to be able to switch from language to another on the fly
while in pipe mode (with Emacs flyspell driving aspell).  I tried it
using the $$cs command, but it doesn't seem to work:

$ ./aspell -d de -a
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.60.1.1)
apple
& apple 10 0: Apple, Applet, rapple, zapple, Appell, Appelle, Applets, Aale,
Ahle, alle

zwei
*

two
& two 14 0: wo, TWA, Theo, Dow, dto, TV, StVO, TÜV, Duo, EWU, KWU, TFT, Tau, UFO

$$cs lang,en

$$cr lang
en

two
& two 14 0: wo, TWA, Theo, Dow, dto, TV, StVO, TÜV, Duo, EWU, KWU, TFT, Tau, UFO

zwei
*
^D

So even though the lang option has changed from de to en, aspell
carries on using the German dictionary.

Thanks,

Peter