Re: [Aspell-user] Call aspell from java

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Call aspell from java
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:06:42 +0100

Hi
Am Montag, 29. November 2004 18:45 schrieb keroppi kero:
> I'm trying to call aspell from java. I want aspell check one file and put
> the output in sell console.
>
> I'm using windows XP :(
>
> I've try it with this called:
>
> aspell --lang=es --encoding=utf-8 <c:\pepe.txt
>
> but this call return an error with this message: "Error: You must especify
> an action" (if I do it from shell comand).
>
> If I do this call from java then Aspell is waitnig for words in the comand
> line.

First of all sorry for the Flame but do you windows guys never read
documentation shiped with the programs just a question ?
Second read manual it tells you that you have to modify your above call line
  aspell --lang=es --encoding=utf-8 -p <c:\pepe.txt
                                                               ^^
this small -p tell aspell to do spellchecking in pipemode thus reading form
standard in and writing to standard out. you could spell it like that too
  aspell --lang=es --encoding=utf-8 pipe <c:\pepe.txt

if you use -c or check instead of -p or pipe you get the standard console base
UI of aspell >-( grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
cu
Xris
ps: read manual and documentation, for basic operation of aspell they are not
out of date only for the special questions they need update grrrrrrrrrrrr >-(