Re: [Aspell-user] Installing Aspell in user area on server?

From: Don and Michelle Downin
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Installing Aspell in user area on server?
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 13:39:40 -0700

Thanks Kevin.  Where do I find an appropriate dictionary?
I appreciate your help.
Don

Kevin Atkinson wrote:
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Don and Michelle Downin wrote:

I just checked with my host administrator, and they won't install Aspell
on the server.  Guess since Pspell is installed, they don't want both.
Can I install Aspell in my domain area on that host?  If so, how do I go
about that?  I've got the compilers necessary to compile Aspell.

Just use the "--prefix=<dir>" configure option to set the base directory
to something in your home directory.  Than add "<prefix>/bin' to your
PATH.  Than install a dictionary.  When you run "./configure" on the
dictionary package make sure that the right Aspell is detected.