[Aspell-user] Error creating a dictionary with medical word list

From: Roy
Subject: [Aspell-user] Error creating a dictionary with medical word list
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:24:51 -0700

Hi,
I am using Aspell 0.50.3 port for windows. While trying to import a medical word list I encountered errors on words that don't just have a-z like in the following examples:

Unhandled Error: The word "'em" is invalid. The character ''' may not appear at the beginning of a word. Unhandled Error: The word "20/20" is invalid. The character '2' may not appear at the beginning of a word. Unhandled Error: The word "3-D" is invalid. The character '3' may not appear at the beginning of a word. Unhandled Error: The word "A-Methapred" is invalid. The character '-' may not appear at the middle of a word. Unhandled Error: The word "A.F.L.-C.I.O." is invalid. The character '.' may not appear at the middle of a word.

How can I import those as valid words?

Thanks,

Roy.