Re: [Aspell-user] Aspell doubt

From: Ananda Kumar C
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Aspell doubt
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:35:35 +0530

Thanks a lot for your input, Kevin.

Regards,
Anand

Kevin Atkinson wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Ananda Kumar C wrote:

Hi All

I am developing an application which uses aspell for spell checking,
using the C api.
I want to know how Aspell works . Is the dictionary loaded completely
into the memory at startup?
I saw that the English dictionary was close to 2 MB.
Also in case of multiple processes in the same machine, does aspell
share the dictionary memory across processes?

If mmap is corretly working on your machine than Aspell will
1) Load the dictioary as needed on startup
2) Will Share the memory between processes.

---
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org