[Aspell-user] Aspell problems on HP/UX 11.11

From: Darren Ford
Subject: [Aspell-user] Aspell problems on HP/UX 11.11
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:10:51 +1100

Hi all,

I've been trying to compile Aspell for a customer on their HP/UX box, however I've had no end of problems.  I'm suspecting that their gcc/ld installation may be corrupt, however I've been able to successfully compile and install many other packages.  I don't have root access to this box, so I'm trying to build into another directory using the --prefix option in configure.

The problems lies here :-
building with shared: The linker (!) crashes with a bus error during the final link
building with static: The source builds correctly, but when calling aspell on the command line it crashes with a bus error.

Has anyone else had this problem?  I'm sorta stuck at this point -- I've been looking around for a HP/UX binary install for aspell but have come up short.

Any help would be wonderful.

Cheers and thanks --

Darren.