Re: [Aspell-user] Using openOffice dictionary

From: Stephen Harris
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Using openOffice dictionary
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 13:54:19 -0700

Alexandre Rodrigues wrote:

2006/5/30, Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>:

    On Tue, 30 May 2006, Alexandre Rodrigues wrote:

     > Is it possible to use openOffice´s dictonary with aspell 0.60?

    Not directly.  However, with a little work Aspell can use OO
    dictionaries
    that are designed for use with MySpell engine.  If they are designed for
the newer Hunspell engine than they are not compatible. i have cintacted the mantainer of OO dictionary and he answered me that it´s designed for myspell
     > Since the portuguese dictionary for aspell is very poor and
    openOffice´s has
> 1.100.000 words that i would like to use. 1.400.000 now

That is a lot of words. The Oxford English Dictionary has 300,000
words and about 636,000 entries contained in twenty volumes. When
I read this I thought you might have meant the download size in mb.
I think the English dict. has the largest download size, around 4mb.

Good luck,
Stephen