[Aspell-user] Problem installing Aspell dictionary on Linux VPS...

From: Brent Robinson
Subject: [Aspell-user] Problem installing Aspell dictionary on Linux VPS...
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 15:38:09 -0500

Cheers All,

I am having difficulty getting my english dictionary installed. I am using a hosted account so I do not have root access to my Redhat installation, although I do have root equivalent. Means I can write to almost, but not all directories. As a result, I’ve installed Aspell 0.60.4 with the following options --exec-prefix=/usr/bin --prefix=/usr/bin.

When I try to install the dictionary, I get:

Finding Dictionary file location ... aspell: relocation error: aspell: undefined symbol: aerror_identical_option

Finding Data file location ... aspell: relocation error: aspell: undefined symbol: aerror_identical_option

And if I try to run Aspell, I get:

aspell: relocation error: aspell: undefined symbol: aerror_identical_option

Thanks.

b.