Re: [Aspell-user] Problem creating a personal word list

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Problem creating a personal word list
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:12:22 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, address@hidden wrote:

Hello group,

We are running on solaris . We have installed Aspell 0.50.0 with the
english dictionary version aspell-en-0.50-2.

I am facing a problem while creating Personal word list.

On firing the command below
aspell --lang=en create personal ./base.en < chetan    /* where chetan is
a file having some words seperated by space */

we get: Sorry "create/merge personal" is currently unimplemented.

You can create one by hand.  The format is extemly simple.  See:

http://aspell.sourceforge.net/man-html/Format-of-the-Personal-and-Replacement-Dictionaries.html

bash-2.05$ aspell dump personal
we get:
Unhandled Error: The file "/usr/local/apache/.aspell.en.per" can not be
opened for reading.

This means that the file doesn't exist.