[Aspell-user] C API and Filter Modes

From: Johnny Pickle
Subject: [Aspell-user] C API and Filter Modes
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 10:55:59 -0400

Hello,

A question about the C API and Filter Modes.  I wish to use the ccpp
filter mode, but I'm using aspell through its C API.  As I
understand it filter modes work by file extension, so is there a way
to make a filter mode work with the C API.  There is a config
setting but it doesn't seem to work; should it over-ride the MAGIC
line in the amf file?  I'm using aspell_speller_check to do spelling
checks and I don't see anyway to set a file type.  Am I missing
something?  If there is no way to make these work together, is there
a third party filter I could use instead or will I have to roll my own?

Thanks,

Johnny

P.S. Are there ANY third party filters out there?

Johnny Pickle                                    Tel: (513) 892-8600
IDM Computer Solutions, Inc.                     Fax: (513) 892-4915
5559 Eureka Dr., Suite B                         address@hidden
Hamilton, OH 45011                            http://www.idmcomp.com