Re: [Aspell-user] Re: Problem using aspell on PHP Files

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Re: Problem using aspell on PHP Files
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 21:44:01 +0200

Hi
Am Mittwoch, 13. September 2006 16:12 schrieb Jay Rajput:
> I have got the answer for the first question:
>
> I can simply use
>
> aspell --mode=tex -c <filename>

Why do you use the tex mode for a php file. Better use
the
--rem-filter=sgml
option to prevent aspell from loading the html/sgml filter.
Or the brute force option
--rem-all-filter (afaik)

> Now the problem is how to spell check only the comments in the
> code. I desperately needs to find the answer of this.

Hm I'd suggest to use the context filter

--add-filter=context option

and set the delimiters to the ones used for php which afaik should be
identical to the ones used for c/c++ which means that there is
nothing to change. Per default the context filter should hide all the
code from aspell except from the comments and the literal strings.

This does not work if you use an aspell version prior to 0.60.x .

cu
Xris