Re: [Aspell-user] it and de spell check is very slow

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] it and de spell check is very slow
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:01:14 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006, Gitanjali Bhatia wrote:

I am noticing a lot of difference in speed between the en_US and the Italian
and german spell check. The text that would take about 10 secs for the en_US
dictionary takes about 37secs for Italian. Is there a reason why this is the
case? What can I do to make it faster? Unfortunately, the browser times out
when I try spell checking Italian and german text almost all the time.  I am
using the C++ API of aspell for spell checking which I believe is faster
than the -a pipe mode.

Try setting the "sug-mode" option to "ultra" (or maybe "fast").

Also, the difference in performance between the C++ API and the pipe mode is negligible when looking for suggestions.