[Aspell-user] Problem with encoding

From: Alain AUPEIX
Subject: [Aspell-user] Problem with encoding
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 17:25:30 +0200

Hi all,

I'm a k-meleon maintener and I want to use aspell to check text fields entered on a forum page (for example).

The original text (in the browser) is in utf-8.

A macro makes the job:

1-> copy the text to the clipboard
2-> copy clipboard in a file
3-> launch aspell with theses parameters:
aspell.exe --lang fr_FR --encoding=utf-8 --dont-backup --dont-ignore-accents -c myfile.txt
4-> wait for aspell ending
5-> copy the content of the file in the clipboard
6-> paste the clipboard in the field to replace the original.

All works correctly, except two points (one is blocking, the other minor).

A) The minor: the text is displayed using OEM format (it seems), which gives a really bad display, but checking is correct.

B) The major: the replaced text (for example 'รงร ') is coded in OEM format, I haven't oem2utf-8 function to convert it, and the checked text is wrong. I have test the parameter '--encoding=utf-8', but it sems not to work.

How would it be possible to have a result file in utf-8 (more important)?
How would it be possible to display in OEM, not to have bad display ?

Thanks

Alain