[Aspell-user] Aspell and Lyx interaction problems

From: Daniel Hofmann
Subject: [Aspell-user] Aspell and Lyx interaction problems
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:25:46 +1300

Hi everyone

I run Lyx 1.5.3 and Aspell 0.60.5 with an English and German dictionary on
my OS 10.3.9. (So much for the background info)

My problem is:
1. Aspell doesn't seem to scan the whole document when used in conjunction
with Lyx. The number of words checked is never identical with the word
count. Also, a rescan produces different errors.
2. I use macrons for Maori words and often the Maori word is the problem,
yet the subsequent word is highlighted, which means I can't add the Maori
word to the dictionary.

Since people seem to be impressed with Aspell the error must clearly lie
in my inability to get Aspell to run properly with Lyx.
Any suggestions?
Has anyone ever heard of the problems I described?
And finally: Is this the right list for this or are you going to send me
off to the Lyx people?

Cheers,