[Aspell-user] multiple language support

From: Saif Khaja
Subject: [Aspell-user] multiple language support
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:20:51 -0700

Hello all,
I am trying to find out if there is any upcoming support from Aspell to support
spell checking in multiple languages at once. I noticed such requests have been
made in the past and some custom solutions have been developed to support this
requirement:
E.g.:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2158024&group_id=245&atid=350245.

If ther‎e is no near term solution for this common requirement, then I was
wondering which of the two approaches is possible and optimal for me consider
for lets say 3 langs en | es | ru?
1. Invoke aspell 3 times for langs "en | es | ru" and capture misspelled words.
2. Combine the dictionaries as suggested here
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Georgek

I do need to track all misspelled words but I will not be needing suggestions
so it simplifies my need to some extent at the moment. But it would be nice to
see some standard support from Aspell.

Thanks,
SK.