[Aspell-user] distributing aspell with your win32 application

From: Ian Walters
Subject: [Aspell-user] distributing aspell with your win32 application
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 12:17:21 +1000

Hi all,

How do I setup my app to include aspell dictionaries as part of its
installation?

I found the win32 installers, but I don't want my users to have to install the
spell checker separately from the application.

Are there instructions anywhere on how to setup a set of dictionaries other
than running the installer or a build process.  e.g. "Put these files here, set
this config variable" rather than "run this exe, pass this option to when
building from source"

It seems just copying the dict directory (or dict and data) is a no-no as even
when changing the prefix, this leads to unload-able dictionaries, at least for
me.

To recap:
I only want my users to have to run a single installer, I don't want to point
them at other websites for some default dictionaries
I want the end result to be simple for my users
its the dictionaries that seem to be tripping me up, not loading the dll.

Thanks for any help,

Ian.