Re: [Aspell-user] changing recommendation order

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] changing recommendation order
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 14:52:06 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011, Joe Paxton wrote:

Is there an easy way to force aspell to put my custom replacements
(~/.aspell.en.prepl) before all other recommended replacements for any
given misspelling in my custom list? For example, say I have the
misspelling "ur" which in my custom list maps to "you are." However,
aspell lists the suggested replacement "Ur" before my preferred
replacement ("you are"), when I want it to list my preferred
replacement to come before "Ur." How might I make it list my custom
replacement first?

I am fairly sure that the order is hard coded. That being said, the choice was also most likely arbitrary, and I would most likely accept a patch to list the preferred replacement first.

If you have not already see:
  http://aspell.net/man-html/Notes-on-Storing-Replacement-Pairs.html