Re: [Aspell-user] GNU Aspell ECCN

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] GNU Aspell ECCN
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 11:41:16 -0400

Hi,

GNU Aspell does not have an ECCN.

GNU Aspell as distributed from ftp.gnu.org does not use encryption for any purpose.

Hope this helps,
Kevin

On 06/04/2015 06:26 AM, Pinter, Karina /C wrote:
Dear Team,

I am a Software Analyst in ExxonMobil Corporation. My group, IT Asset
Management, is responsible for software licensing in our organization.
There is an interest for GNU Aspell.
Could you please send me the ECCN number for this product?

An Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) is a specific alpha-numeric code
that identifies the level of export control for items e.g. software that are
exported from member states of the Wassenaar Arrangement, including the United
States. After obtaining the ECCN, the exporter must determine whether an export
license is required to export items to certain countries.

If you do not have your software classified with an ECCN, please kindly answer
the following questions so that we may self-assess:

NO

YES

Does the Software perform any encryption or utilize any encryption processes?

If the answer is YES to the above, please indicate if the encryption is coded
into the application or separately called (such as using SSL)

If the answer is YES to the above, please indicate what function(s) the
cryptography/encryption serves

Copyright protection purposes (Includes using a license key/code)

User authentication purposes

A core part of the functionality such as to encrypt databases

To encrypt communications between the software and a host system.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Karina Pinter
ExxonMobil BSC Hungary Kft.
Software Analyst
EMIT / IT Operations / Customer Infrastructure / IT Asset Management
H-1139 Budapest, Váci út 81-85. Phone: +36 1 298 5361
[cid:image001.jpg@01D09EC1.B023B030]