Segfault in 0.60.8

From: Rafael
Subject: Segfault in 0.60.8
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 15:51:00 +0000 (UTC)

Hey all, I've been running into a problem with aspell. If I'm checking a document and try to replace a word I get a segfault 100% of the time. I tried searching through the issues at github but didn't find anything. Though I'm not super familliar with github so that may have something to do with it. I'm not an admin on my system (SDF) so my local resources are limited. But I can verify that other users have the same issue. Here's the info I have:

aspell -v gives
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.60.8)

The OS is: NetBSD 9.1 amd64

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a text file with at least error
2. Check the file using: aspell check <filename>
3. When aspell encounters the error hit 'r' to replace
4. Start typing

If you set your TERM to dumb then the process works fine. But, using the default xterm, it crashes every time.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to talk about this, but all my searches came up empty and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

R.

-

ipxfong@sdf.org